• If you are experiencing housing instability, you may qualify for additional services from Gaston School District.

    If you are living in any of the following situations:

    • Shared housing with other friends.
    • Runaway/homeless youth, and students who are not living with a parent or legally court-appointed guardian.
    • Temporary or transitional housing.
    • Emergency or domestic violence shelters.
    • Motels or hotels.
    • Campgrounds or inadequate trailer homes.
    • Substandard housing including pest infestation, homes without heat, water or working appliances.
    • Cars, abandoned buildings, parks, the streets or other pulic places.

    We may be able to help you:

    • Enroll in school.
    • Remain in your school if you move to another area.
    • With transportation to and from school.
    • Receive free or reduced cost school meals.
    • Social referrals.
    • Other services.

    Gaston School District McKinney-Vento Liaison:  For more information or assistance, please contact Carolyn Lowery at 503-985-0210 ext 1265